Hormones play an important role in the optimal function of many of the body’s systems. So important in fact, that even a slight change in their levels can significantly alter the body’s normal functions, including hair growth. Hormonal issues are a primary reason why so many women lose their hair.
Women who are at high risk of hormonal imbalance are those who are going through menopause, perimenopause and pregnancy. Nevertheless, women of any age and stature can potentially experience this condition because diet and lifestyle can severely impact hormone levels. Below are some of the most common causes of hormonal imbalance that result in hair loss.
● Progesterone levels are too low and oestrogen levels are too high.
● Too much testosterone (yes, the dominant male hormone is inside a woman’s body, too).
● Excessive and long term stress.
● Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid) and hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid).
● Birth control pills and other medications containing DHT.
If you suspect that you have hormonal imbalance, have yourself checked by a general practitioner. For the best solutions to your hair loss, read Lucinda Ellery reviews to learn about their ground-breaking Intralace System™.
Hair Loss and Hormone Imbalance; and, What Your Locks Could be Saying about Your Health + Natural Remedies, Ladies Balance